Wednesday, July 9, 2008

They are little over a week old now (8 days to be exact)

With everyday, we have different and new challenges to the little ones. We are currently battling many ailments that both Colin and Zander both have. They are still fairly stable, but mom and I would really like to see improvements in their stats. The ventilators are still on very high pressure and higher than normal oxygen levels. The pressure and oxygen are creating complications, but we need them up to keep them stabilized. They are finally getting rid of some the excess fluid they have been taking in, but like I keep mentioning they have a long way to go. That is all for now. I will try to update photos as I get them.

Currently, I (dad) am at home taking care of girls. Mom is watching the nurses and doctors like a hawk for me. Staying at home is very difficult because I feel I am too far away from our boys, but I want to keep life as normal as possible for the girls. On nights I do not have the girls, I am driving up to the cities to see the rest of my precious family. I am sure mom likes it better when I am there. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, they are helping more than you know.

Sincerely,
Christian

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Chris, those little guys are hanging in there, but as you say still have a long way to go. You, Sam, Holly, Allysa, Zander and Collin are in our prayers every day. Keep up the strength.

Love, Aunt Barb & Grandma Sachi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We are thinking of all of you, and remembering you and your little ones in our prayers. Give the girls an extra hug- I'm sure they must be worried about their new brothers. Hang in there-
Kari and the guys

Anonymous said...

Chris and Sam- We have been praying for you and thinking of you tons. Please know that we are pulling for your boys. If you need anything at all ie; home cooked meal, bed to sleep in etc., please let us know. We are just a phone call away.
Kris Mike and Logan

Anonymous said...

Chris and Sam our thoughts and prayers are with the boys and your family. May the boys grow stronger and healthier every day.

Erin and Terry Peitso

Anonymous said...

Everybody appreciates the updates
so much. I pray everyday for the
little ones and the rest of your
family.

Love, Aunt Diane C.

TJM said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the boys are coming along and that they are getting rid of some of the excess fluid. I'm sure the girls are happy to have you home, but I know it's hard to be away. We're thinking and praying for you all, each and every day.