Wednesday, June 11, 2008

At 22 weeks

Another trip to Minneapolis to check on our babies. After a long wait in the waiting room it was our turn again. We never know what we might find out, so we try to console each other while the technician takes a look at our babies. Again the dopplers for both babies look good, and both appear to be producing urine. Baby A's fluid level is .8cm, and Baby B's fluid level is 9cm. This is not good news, but I guess it is not bad news either. We saw a different perinatologist today, but he managed to answer some of our questions in a different manner, and boy did we have lots of them. We are scheduled for the Betamethasone steroid shots for next week. These will be given because our babies will more than likely be born prematurely, and they will help boost lung development. We were told that we may face some very tough decisions on whether or not to have the babies prematurely in the near future, but we are hoping that our babies can hang on until 28 weeks and we will go from there. We keep praying.
Thanks to all of you who have called to check in on us, and who have sent prayers and well wishes our way. It is great to know that we have a wonderful support team out there cheering for us along this difficult road.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. I know your very busy with everything right now, so if you guys need anything were only a phone call away. Best of luck to you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about you ~ all of you! Thanks for creating the blog so we can know more. It is quite a journey you are on. Just remember that you are not on it alone. We are here for you too! I'll keep praying. Let us know if there is more we can do. Blessings, Tall Tam

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you get good news soon - you certainly are due. I didn't realize how serious TTTS is. God bless and watch over all of you..especially your tiny little boys. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Great Aunt Barb (heavy on the great)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I'm so sorry to hear about the complications with the babies! I didn't even know you were expecting, so a belated congratulations:) This blog is great. I will keep your family in my prayers! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray for all of you that you receive comfort during this road you must travel. Always remember you have people here to support you through this rough time. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you started the blog. It will keep me updated without bothering you two. If there is anything I can do for you, even just to vent, call. Hoping for some good news soon. Keeping all of you in our prayers.